Synergy Manage offers a fully integrated billing solution. You can generate invoices for all harvested and processed call data that can be matched to a customer. For more details see Call matching .
You can set up different Billing Price Plans for individual customers according to how you want to charge them.
Note: All calls are rounded up to the nearest minute for billing purposes.
Billing price plans
There are three predefined default billing price plans that you can use as the starting point to creating your own billing price plan:
|Default billing price plan||Description|
|Concurrent Calls||The customer pays for a pool of resources. This could for example be 20 ports on the MCUs. Each participant in a conference would then consume one port. The port limit is not limited to one conference, but may be counted across all the conferences the customer is running in parallel. The customer can then be charged per port per minute if they have more than 20 participants connected at any time.|
|Pay as you go||The customer pays nothing up front for the usage, but may have a fixed price for the services they have. The customer is then charged per call. The cost can be set on call type and call direction, and be based on start-up charges and/or minute charges.|
|Included minutes||The customer pays for a set of included call minutes. This could for example be 3000 port minutes on the MCUs per month. Each participant in a conference would then consume one minute from this pool per minute. The customer can then be charged per port per minute if they use more than the allotted pool of minutes.|
Creating a new billing price plan
To create a new billing price plan:
- In the Win Node web interface, go to .
- Click on one of the existing price plans.
- Give the new price plan a Name and click .
- Select Billing Price Plan list. for the new price plan in the
- Make any changes to the new price plan, and click to save.
- To charge customers for something that is not listed in the pricing plan, add it as a Custom Billable Element.
Once you have created and saved a price plan, it becomes locked. To make any changes to the price plan, you need toit. Once the billing plan is changed, you will need to in order for the changes to take effect. This will also clear all generated billing data that has not yet had an invoice basis generated. It will take up to an hour before the billing data is visible in reports and can be invoiced again.
Note: Changing a value for a setting in a price plan creates a Show History field listing the changes and which user was responsible for the change.
Setting the price plan for a customer
- Select the customer.
- Click the Billing Plan tab.
- Click on .
- In the drop-down menu, select the Billing Price Plan you want to use for this customer.
- Select the date range that this billing plan should be active for this customer.
- Click .
To assign a customer to a price plan in:
- Click on a billing price plan
- Scroll down to Customer assigned to this price plan
- Click .
- Select the customer and the date range for this billing price plan.
Deleting a billing price plan
Clickingfor a price plan will delete the price plan and all invoicing data history.
- Microsoft Skype for Business calls will be charged as internal/external calls according to the billing plan. The Microsoft Skype for Business service will be charged per day according to a split price of the monthly charge of the Skype for Business service in the billing plan.
- Polycom DMA VMR calls will be invoiced using the numbers you have set in the Non-Routed Calls category of whichever billing price plan you assign to the customer. This is the same whether you use one of the predefined price plans, or you create one of your own.
You can use billing plans to specify which services are available in the Provisioning Portal on a per-customer basis.
To enable this functionality:
- On the Win Node, go to the Synergy Manage install directory and locate this file (here we will use the default C:\ drive): C:\Synergy SKY\ProvisioningAPI\Config\AppSettings.txt
- Add the following inside the appSettings tag: <add key="LimitAvailableServicesToBillableServices" value="True" />
Once this setting has been added to the AppSettings file, services will only be available in the Provisioning Portal if the customer has been configured with a Billing Price Plan, and the Monthly price per unit for that service is given a value that is equal to or greater than 0.
If set to less than 0 (for example: -1), the service will not be available in the Provisioning Portal. Note that services with a Monthly price per unit of 0 or less will not generate any billing data.
In the example below, only the Cisco CMS Space and Pexip Virtual Meeting Room services will be displayed when creating entities, but only the Cisco CMS service will be chargeable when billing the customer:
The Billing Price Plan above will make the following services available when creating entities for the customer in the Provisioning Portal:
Some calls will not be billable, either because they were matched to a customer after the last invoice was generated, or because they could not be matched to a customer at all. The billing reports display these calls.
|Non-invoiced items||Select one or more customers from the drop-down list to view a list of all calls for the selected customer(s) that have not been invoiced. These are calls that were matched after the last invoice was generated, that will normally be included in the next generated invoice.|
|Untracked call items||This is a list of calls that could not be matched to a customer, and therefore cannot be invoiced.|
Generating an invoice
You can generate invoices directly from Synergy Manage and export them either as a PDF, or as a CSV file. You can also integrate directly with an invoicing system through the Billing API.
Invoice data is generated automatically every hour. For this reason, you must generate invoices more than one hour after the end of the range you want the invoice to cover.
To generate an invoice:
- Select all the customers you want to generate invoices for from the Select Customers drop-down list.
- Select the date range you want to generate the invoice(s) for.
Applying price plan changes to generated invoices
Unlocking, changing, then locking a billing price plan will not update any already-generated invoices.
To reflect the changes to the billing price plan:
- Delete the invoice.
- Regenerate the invoice.
Approving an invoice
To approve an invoice:
- Go to .
- Select the customer and the date range.
- Click for the invoice you want to approve.
- Click Approve.
CAUTION: Approving an invoice permanently locks the data to that invoice and the data can NEVER be re-invoiced. You cannot change or delete an approved invoice.
Viewing and editing a generated invoice
To view the invoice history for a customer:
- Go to .
- Select the customer from the Select Customer drop-down menu.
- Choose the date range you want to see the Invoice History for.
- Click .