November 11, 2022
Note: GA coming soon. Available for demo from Synergy SKY and selected beta customers.
Synergy CONNECT is now capable of presentation sharing from the SIP video endpoint into Microsoft Teams meetings. Moreover, it now has interaction and control features on the Cisco Touch 10 panel in Microsoft Teams meetings. Finally, we have improved the media engine for improved video quality. Both presentations and people will be crystal clear and make you feel like you were in the same room.
1. Best-in-industry application sharing and presentation sharing are now supported on all meetings between Cisco Webex and Poly SIP endpoints and Microsoft Teams clients (both Microsoft Teams Rooms and PCs). The following presentation-sharing options are now enabled:
- From a video conference device:
- Cable (HDMI and USB-C)
- Wireless (Webex, Barco Clickshare, etc.)
- From a Microsoft Teams Rooms or PC client:
- Presentation sharing via cable or wireless
- Application sharing – E.g. PowerPoint Live
2. A native Microsoft Teams experience is now offered to Cisco Webex Touch 10 users (requires management suite version 31.01):
- Participants list
- All participants, including SIP rooms, are visible.
- In addition to their name, there are visual cues on participants’ statuses. Users can now see whether a participant is muted, has raised a hand, and is currently sharing a presentation.
- Meeting views/layouts
- It’s now possible to select the preferred Microsoft Teams view directly from the SIP endpoint. The three classic options are offered: Gallery, Large Gallery, and Together mode.
- Pin a participant in a Microsoft Teams Meeting (your view only)
- Fit to frame a specific participant (your view only)
- Raise/lower hand
- The media engine was updated in order to update the user experience. The optimization of media quality leads to high-fidelity audio, up to 1080p video resolution, and up to 30fps (frames per second) for video and content. This is dependent on network conditions and bandwidth limitations.
- Existing users will now have a call connecting screen as they wait for the meeting to start providing the assurance that everything was done correctly.
- Fixed issue on encryption (SRTP) for certain Poly devices
- Fixed issue on certain encryption (SRTP) ciphers for CUCM-registered devices
Limitation & Challenges
- All Poly/Polycom devices currently don’t support presentation sharing
- Similar instability on call setup as for previous versions remains on Poly X-series devices
We appreciate your input on our products. Please let us know if you have any feature requests, recommendations on how to improve our support, or just want to share some ideas.
For simple comments, send us your feedback by email.
For submitting more complex feedback, create a ZenDesk ticket.
Copyright © 2022 Synergy SKY
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.