This article will walk through requirements needed to run a managed Synergy SKY Suite Azure POC instance to demonstrate certain functions within the Synergy SKY Suite and Synergy CONNECT.
- Graph API / Exchange Online
- What Rooms do you want to bring into the POC (up to 5), email addresses
- Webex API
- What endpoints you want tied to which rooms
Network requirements For Cisco Devices* Registered to Webex API
- From Customer network to SSKY Suite Azure Server, outbound https/443
Graph API Settings
You will need administrator privileges for your organization in the Azure portal.
Save the below output below to provide to your Synergy SKY Solutions Architect
- Setting Calendar Permissions
Set-CalendarProcessing firstname.lastname@example.org -DeleteComments $false
- Log In to https://portal.azure.com
- Click on Azure Active Directory
- Select App Registrations
- Click on New Registration
- Enter a name and click on Register
- Copy the fields Application (client) ID and Directory (tenant) ID (these are to be used when configuring Synergy SKY)
- Click on Certificates & Secrets
- Click on New client secret, then give it a name and set it to 24 months (maximum). Click on Add
- Copy the 'Value'
Note: Copy the 'Value' field as shown below, not the 'Secret ID'. The value field is a 1 time copy
- Click on API Permissions
- Click on Add a permission, Microsoft Graph, Application permissions.
- Calendar.ReadWrite (For Reading Resource Calendar and writing back any info needed, can be limited to Security group as outlined below)
- Mail.Send (For email alerts to UC admins, configured specifically in the Application)
- User.Read.All (For reading address book to add rooms)
then click the Add permissions button
- Grant Consent: An admin account would need to login and click the “Grant admin consent” button
optional step to secure the application to a security group
|Webex Developer account||
This account can be created at developer.webex.com for free. It will be used to create the integration needed for this article
Below is the process step-by-step, the last piece needs to be scheduled with a Synergy SKY Solutions Architect to complete the process.
- In your browser, open a new tab and navigate to: https://developer.webex.com/
- Log in using your Webex admin account. This user/admin account needs to be in the same environment that your endpoints are registered to.
- From your account menu icon, select "My Webex Apps"
- Select "Create an Integration"
- The next page will ask for some basic information for your integration. The only one we require is "Will this integration use a mobile SDK?".
- Give your integration a name, contact email, icon and description for your reference, per your company guidelines.
- Paste the previously copied "Redirect URL" from the SUITE into the "Redirect URI(s)" field
- Under "Redirect URI(s)", click "Add"
- Enter "https://localhost/config/WebexAuthResponse"
- You should now have one URI using an IP and one using localhost. Both should end with "/config/WebexAuthResponse"
If you have an FQDN for the SUITE, you can add that as well. (This will be provided by Synergy SKY Solutions Architect) Example:
Click the checkboxes next to the following scopes:
-meeting:schedules_read Retrieve your Webex meeting lists and details
-meeting:schedules_write Create, manage, or cancel your scheduled Webex meetings
-meeting:recordings_read Retrieve your Webex meeting recordings for playback
-meeting:recordings_write Manage or delete your meeting recordings for playback
-spark:devices_read See details for your devices
-spark:xapi_statuses Retrieve all information from RoomOS-enabled devices.
-spark:xapi_commands Execute all commands on RoomOS-enabled devices.
-spark-admin:devices_read See details for any device in your organization
-spark-compliance:rooms_read Access to read rooms in your user's organization
-spark-compliance:team_memberships_read Access to read team memberships in your user's organization
-spark-compliance:teams_read Access to read teams in your user's organization
-spark:calls_write Allow users to invoke call commands on themselves
Clicking "Add Integration" at the bottom will complete the creation of the Integration.
- On the following page, copy the OAuth settings provided. These are required for the next steps
Final process, sync with Synergy SKY Solutions Architect.