AMX and Crestron panels are usually custom installations developed to solve a specific issue at a customer site. AV technicians responsible for the custom installation can use the following information to integrate with JOIN
Step by Step Guide
Cisco One Button To Push
- Program the AMX/Crestron to listen to changes in the OBTP information (or poll on regular intervals)
- Register an event listener in the Cisco (C-series and SX-series) CUIL using the following command: xfeedback register event/bookings
- When you see this message *e Bookings Updated, get the updated info with this command: xcommand Bookings List
Note that all time/date values returned from the command xcommand Bookings List are returned in UTC time, therefore the Crestron/AMX integrator must convert this to localtime for the endpoint before presenting it on the touch panel.
We also recommend that the button to initiate the call should become enabled at the start buffer (x SECONDS before meeting start time) and that it should remain clickable until the endtimebuffer (y MINUTES after the meeting end time) to make it possible to rejoin a meeting that runs over the scheduled time.
- It is easier to parse the info if you set up the session to get responses in xml. You can do this when you open the session using this command: xpreferences outputmode xml
- The URI to dial is extracted from the DialInfo element in the list of meetings (from point 2). E.g. Bookings > Booking 1 > DialInfo > Calls > Call 1 > Number: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you want the participant to be presented as the name of the meeting rather than the URI that was dialed, you can use the optional Dial command parameter: BookingId which allows you to refer back to the booking when launching the call. BookingId is the Id in the booking list.
More information can be found here: Cisco C Series Codec API Guide
Polycom One Touch Dial
- Program the AMX/Crestron to poll the Polycom video system (HDX and Group Series) on regular intervals over SSH/Telnet
- Get today's meetings by running this command: calendarmeetings list today
- Use the start time to determine when to show the button and the title of the meeting to indicate which meeting is starting:
calendarmeetings list begin
meeting|45v6eur3f87hof1pl374jdnl0j|2018-09-12:11:30|2018-09-12:13:30|G-Suite booked meeting with Synergy JOIN
calendarmeetings list end
- Use the meeting id (e.g. 45v6eur3f87hof1pl374jdnl0j) for the meeting to request the URI that should be dialed when clicking the green button. The command to request the meeting details is calendarmeetings info <<meetingid>>
- The URI to dial is extracted from the dialingnumber element in the list of meetings (from point 4). E.g. email@example.com|sip
More information can be found here: Integrator’s Reference Manual for the Polycom RealPresence® Group Series