The Synergy SKY software stores all its data in a PostgresSQL database. The platform comes with no automated process for performing backups.
Step by Step Guide
- Log on to the Synergy SKY server via SSH
- Select '4 Advanced setup menu'
- Select '2 Backup/Restore data'
Back Up Database
- Select 'Back up database'
- Once selected, the database backup will start and the system will provide a progress overview
- Once the backup process has completed, you will see a summary. The summary shows the file name and size of the backup, as well as a download link to retrieve the backup file.
Restore Database Backup
In order to restore an database backup, you will need to follow the following process:
- From the main menu, select '4 Advanced setup menu'
- Then select '2 Backup/Restore data'
- Select '2 Restore database'
- Make sure that your backup file is uploaded to the server as specified in the prompt below. If it isn't already, upload it and then refresh the list of available backups.