Occupancy sensors are used by the Synergy SKY platform to understand whether there are people present in the meeting rooms or not. Based on the occupancy information, it can make intelligent decisions based on the Policies configured, e.g. release a room that is booked but not being used.
Two different occupancy sensors are supported: Cisco Webex Room Series video system and Synergy SKY IoT sensors. This guide explains how to configure both of them.
Step by Step Guide
Cisco Webex Room Series Endpoints
The great advantage of Cisco Room Series endpoints is that - in addition to act as an occupancy sensor - they can provide Synergy SKY with the number of people in the meeting room using its People Count feature.
In order to enable the endpoint to be used as an occupancy sensor/people counter, you will need to follow these steps:
- On the endpoint, turn the settings under Configuration > RoomAnalytics On
- Add the video system as described in Video Systems
- Make sure to enable the Track People Count setting
- Go to the Rooms, edit the associated meeting room and assign the sensor in the Sensors section
Once completed, the video system will start pushing occupancy and people count data to the Synergy SKY platform.
Synergy SKY IoT Sensors
This guide assumes that the sensors have been installed at the physical meeting room locations and provisioned in the Synergy SKY IoT Cloud.
- Make sure there already is a Synergy SKY IoT Cloud connection and API integration created or create new ones
- Go to GENERAL SETTINGS > Sensors and click 'Get Sensors' (or 'Refresh Sensors') to retrieve the available sensors from your Synergy SKY IoT Cloud integration.
- Make sure the sensor is enabled
- Click Save Changes
- Go to GENERAL SETTINGS > Rooms and assign the sensor to the correct room