There are instances when the Polycom endpoint is unable to communicate with the Exchange Server and as such, the endpoint is unable to use the built in Polycom One Touch Dial technology. The EWS emulator within the Synergy SKY platform brings back the ability to utilize the Polycom One Touch Dial technology on your Polycom Endpoint by emulating itself as an Exchange server and providing meeting information to the endpoint thus providing the Polycom devices with their Polycom One Touch Dial buttons.
The EWS Emulator is compatible with the HDX, Group Series and Trio endpoints.
Step by Step Guide
The first step in the process is to prepare your Synergy SKY configuration tool to accept the incoming connections from the Polycom devices.
The Polycom Exchange Web Service (EWS) Emulator acts as an Exchange Web Server. This means the Synergy SKY platform will retrieve the calendar information from Exchange or Google Calendar and populate this to the endpoint.
- Go to GENERAL SETTINGS > API Settings and enable the feature
- You must then configure your Video System as a Polycom endpoint. Once you do this, Synergy JOIN will know to send the Polycom One Touch Dial Token to that endpoint
Configuring a HDX/Group Series endpoint
When the Registration Status is 'Registered', you can start booking video meetings and start utilizing Polycom One Touch Dial.
The Polycom endpoints must be configured to poll calendar information from the Synergy SKY server which will be acting as an Exchange Web Server.
Instructions on how to configure this on a Polycom Group Series endpoint are below:
- Navigate to the Calendaring Service configuration section within your Polycom Codec.
- Tick the 'Enable Calendaring Service' tick box
- Email: This should be the room/ resource email address that you have configured within Synergy SKY.
- Domain: This field is not always required. If you are unable to register your endpoint to the EWS Emulator with this field blank, you will have to enter your domain
- User Name: This should be the room/ resource email address
- Password: This is the password configured in the 'EWS Emulation' section in the API Settings tab of Synergy SKY
- Microsoft Exchange Server: This is the IP address of the Synergy SKY server
Once you have configured the rest of the settings to your liking, click 'Save'
Configuring a Trio Series endpoint
- Synergy JOIN build 3.2.163 or above
- 'Enable Basic Authentication for EWS Emulator' within the API Settings
- The Trio has to have a line registered as SIP
- Physical access to the touch panel to set a username & password
- If you are running 5.9 firmware, AD Photo fetch needs to be disabled.
feature.contactPhotoIntegration.enabled = 0
- More information about this can be found here - https://documents.polycom.com/bundle/trio-sfb-dg-5-9-0-AA/page/c3189620.html
- Trio, if running 126.96.36.19919 – must upgrade to 188.8.131.5235 and set basic auth to enabled
The following setup information has been taken from the Polycom support website. The below configuration is what is required in order for the EWS Emulator to work with the Trio.
The full Polycom documentation can be found here: https://otd.plcm.vc/support/docs/devices/polycom-trio#configure-device-profile
- Configure Device Profile
Go to the management section of the device. You can get there by entering the IP address of the device into the browser address.
Note: You must log in as an administrator.
- Select Simple Setup from the tab menu.
- Ensure Generic is selected for the Base Profile. The Trio will not function with One Touch Dial service using the other profile options.
- Configure Device Calendaring
Go to the management section of the device. You can get there by entering the IP address of the device into the browser address. Note: You must log in as an administrator.
Select Settings > Applications > Exchange Applications.
- Enter the following fields:
- Enable: Exchange Calendar
- Disable: AutoDiscover
- Exchange Server URL: https://ipaddressofjoin/EWS/Exchange.asmx
- NOTE: Exchange URL is case sensitive
- Click Save.
- Configure Device Credentials
Provide calendaring credentials. This must be done on the device itself.feature.exchange.allowBasicAuth= “1”
- On the device touch panel go to Settings > Basic > Login Credentials.
- Enter the following fields:
- Domain: Example OTD
- Username: Example firstname.lastname@example.org
- This is the room alias as it is configured in JOIN
- Password: Example F3kDFyu1bD
This is the JOIN EWS Emulator password
- Click Save.
- The Registration Status should display Registered and the calendar should appear in a few seconds.