The Synergy SKY Platform is a Linux based VM image that can be hosted within most virtualized environments. This article describes deployment within Amazon Web Services (AWS) environments including how to:
- Launch the virtual machine template
- Configure storage
- Configure network and firewall rules
You can view our video tutorial on the bottom of this article for a full walkthrough assisted by one of our engineers.
T2.xlarge - 4vcpu, 16GiB memory, 500GB HDD (SSD mandatory)
Please refer to the General Requirements
Step by Step Guide
- Start from your AWS Management Console dashboard
- In the top-right, click your location, and change this to "Europe (London) eu-west-2"
Note: If you would like to have the instance running in a closer location, DO NOT copy the image to your location & try to build; it will fail. Instead, finish the build in one of the available locations, then move the instance to your preferred one.
- In the top-left, expand the 'Services' drop-down menu
- Launch EC2. This is under 'All Services' > Compute > EC2
- On the left of the EC2 dashboard, navigate to Images > AMIs
- In the AMI screen, select "Public images" from the image location dropdown list
- In the filter search box, enter "synergysky" and press enter
- Select the AMI named “ami-eu-west-2-p-synergyskyappliance” and click “Launch”
- On "Step 2: Choose an Instance Type", select your preferred instance to deploy in.
Note: We recommend t2.xlarge, per our System Requirements documentation
- Click "Next: Configure Instance Details" in the bottom-right corner
Complete Configuration Details page per your company policy and standards & click “Next: Add Storage”
- Click “Add New Volume” and change the size to 500gb
Note: This can differ based on your deployment size per our Requirements documentation
- Click "Next: Add Tags"
- Continue through 'Step 5' and 'Step 6' to configure Tags & Security Groups per your company policy
- On 'Step 7', review your Instance details and click "Launch"
- AWS will then assist in creating a public/private key to securely SSH into your Instance. You can use an existing one(if you have one), or create a new pair.
Note: We do NOT recommend going without a keypair.
IMPORTANT NOTE: DO NOT LOSE THIS KEY FILE AS IT CAN NOT BE REPLICATED
You are now ready to SSH into your Synergy SKY Platform hosted by AWS! It can be accessed using default username and password over SSH.
To complete the configuration of the virtual machine, please go to this article.