The Synergy SKY Platform is a Linux based VM image that can be hosted within most virtualized environments. This article describes deployment within Amazon Web Services (AWS) environments including how to:
- Launch the virtual machine template
- Configure storage
- Configure network and firewall rules
T3.xlarge – 4vcpu, 16GiB memory, 500GB HDD (SSD mandatory)
T2.xlarge - 4vcpu, 16GiB memory, 500GB HDD (SSD mandatory)
Please refer to the General Requirements
Step by Step Guide
- Log into AWS end enter the EC2 section
- Navigate to "Images" => "AMI"
- In the AMI screen, select "Public images" from the image location dropdown list
- In the filter search box, enter "synergysky" and press enter
- Right click search result AMI named “ami-eu-west-2-p-synergyskyappliance” and select “Launch”
- “Step 2: Choose an instance type”. Select an instance according to requirements (recommended: t2.xlarge), and click “Next: Configure instance Details”
- “Step 3: Configure Instance Details”. Configure according to company policy and click “Next: Add Storage”
- “Step 4: Add Storage”. Click “Add New Volume”: By default the only thing that is required to be changed is Size (which should be configured according to requirements).
- Continue the wizard to configure network/firewall rules (see documentation for network requirements) or click “Review and Launch”.
Your instance should now be running, and can be accessed using default username and password over SSH.
To complete the configuration of the virtual machine, please go to this article.